Friday, September 2, 2016

Just a Few First Week Highlights

Hello families,

This first week has been wonderful. Coming home today is a letter with lots of information about our class and the year ahead. There are also two last forms for you to send back to me next week. I know there's a lot of paperwork this first week--I appreciate you all for getting it back to school quickly!

This week we read books about individuality, acceptance, and friendship as we embark on our journey as a new learning community. Our read alouds were: ABC I Like Me, A Bad Case of Stripes, and Friends to the End.

Here are a few of the things we did together this week:

  • decorating name tags
  • "me, myselfie, and I" art and writing project -- check them out on the bulletin boards outside our room to learn all about the people in our class
  • free choice playing
  • playing fishy, fishy cross my ocean to practice safe tagging and tagger's choice
  • Primary Sing
  • capital letter handwriting review
  • reading books with partners
  • exploring math materials
  • team building games
  • sharing photos
This first week I'm sending home a paper copy of our classroom news to all of you. I'm hoping to be able to send news electronically throughout the year. Please be sure to either send in the form with your email address(es) or email me directly at: tfox@u32.org .

Have a wonderful long weekend. See you Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment